How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regards to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.