How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.