How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.