How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.