How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.