How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.