Tips To Help You Lower Medical Insurance Costs
Health insurance- whether provided by your company or bought by you-can be both costly and complex. To better understand your alternatives and manage your medical insurance costs, think about these suggestions and suggestions from the National Association of Insurance Coverage Commissioners (NAIC), a voluntary company of state insurance regulatory authorities:
Know Your Alternatives
• • Couples in circumstances where both spouses are provided medical insurance through their tasks ought to compare the coverage and costs (premiums, co-pays and deductibles) to identify which policy is best for the family.
• • Always stay in-network when possible, making certain to get recommendations and pre-certifications as required by your strategy.
• • Keep all receipts for medical services, whether in- or out-of-network. In the event you exceed your deductible, you may certify to take a tax deduction for out-of-pocket medical costs.
• • Consider opening a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), if your company uses one, which allows you to reserve pretax dollars for out-of-pocket medical costs.
• • If you lose or alter jobs, know your rights to continue your group health coverage from your old employer for as much as 18 months (though you have to pay the premiums), as provided under COBRA (the Consolidated Omnibus Spending Plan Reconciliation Act).
Health Insurance Coverage Tips for
Various Life Stages
The NAIC’s consumer Web site, Insure You, (www.InsureUonline. Org), describes the different kinds of medical insurance and gives focused suggestions to consumers based upon their likely … Read more